Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm not creative enough to think of a title.

So I was walking my dog tonight at about 9 PM. It was kind of dark, and cool. I could see the beautiful moon, but it was kind of shaped oddly because of the phase we're currently in. I was singing to myself softly in the darkness -- I'm a horrible singer, but for some reason singing to myself calms me down, especially if it's a beautiful and meaningful song. I was barely whispering, trying not to disturb any of the peace.

But I don't deserve any of the beautiful, peaceful night.

Millions of miles away, people are dead or dying. In Africa, in Asia, in the Middle East. Even in our own country, people are suffering and don't get to enjoy what we take for granted. The US soldiers sacrifice so much for us, yet they hardly get rewarded. Their nights aren't peaceful, not if they're in combat. And I'd like to do something about that. But I don't know what.

I'd like to participate in Operation Pen Pal, and do something to reward the people who put themselves in harms way for us. I'm thinking about making mix CDs or something. DVDs and soap and things would help a lot too I know, but I want to make something. But I'm not sure quite what. Maybe you have an idea?

Operation Pen-Pal