Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finality.

It's done. This will be my last blog post before I post the link to the new blog. I'm creating it tonight . You know, I'm actually kind of sad that I'm getting a new blog. I'm not quitting, but I'm just starting over. I've had a lot of memories made with this blog. Tonight, I'm going to post excerpts from some memorable entries on this blog.

March 31st
"The worst part was watching the two air force officers folding the flag that was over his casket and giving it to my grandma. That was probably the hardest thing for me to watch, ever. At first, I didn't understand what they were doing. But when the officer knelt down in front of my grandma and handing the flag to her, in a moment of utter silence...it was absolutely unbearable. I had seen that being done in movies, at the funerals of the young and brave killed at war. I had never actually experienced that. My grandpa was not young or killed at war, but it was brave. He served in the United States Air Force during the Korean War."


April 22
"
Dear Jesse,
I miss who you were at the beginning of this semester. When I mattered. When I was your friend, instead of a piece of meat. Just another chick to flirt with, to lie to, to walk all over."

May 22
"
"Life is the way it should be."

I've recently come to that mindset, and I think that if I stick with it, I'll be much happier."

June 9
"We don't talk much anymore, but I still hold the utmost respect for him. He showed me how strong I really can be. And now I realize I can't have a boy dragging me down. If a boy wants to be with me and I want to be with him, so be it. But I can't hold myself down with unrequited crushes. I was weak and naive for three long years. And now I am free from the burden of hurt and infatuation.

And it feels fucking great."

July 17
"I'm growing up.
I may not get any taller or my boobs any bigger, but mentally, there is always more growing up I need to do."

August 10
"I've always wondered when my time to play that song will come. My biggest goal in life is to be somebody. To be special. To be more than a name, or a face in the crowd."


This is not the end. This is not goodbye. This is hello, and welcome to a new year.

Thanks, little blog, for being there for me.